Yes! Finally! I got the code working on linux!

-Drum roll-

Had to configure Code::Blocks. There were minor hiccups in configuring Code::Blocks, name ly the include libraries. How I managed to get the code running was by

  1. Creating a new console project in Code::Blocks
  2. Going to Project -> Build options, and in Linker Settings, added the whole gamut of library files (in the ‘Other Linker options’). For the sake of completeness, they were -lopencv_core -lopencv_imgproc -lopencv_highgui -lopencv_ml -lopencv_video -lopencv_features2d -lopencv_calib3d -lopencv_objdetect -lopencv_contrib -lopencv_legacy -lopencv_flann
  3. In the Search Settings, added /usr/local/include/opencv/ for the compiler tab, and /usr/local/lib/ for the linker tab
  4. The next step involved copying all my source files and headers in the project directory, and including them in the project. And that’s it!
  5. EDIT: That, apparently, is not it. To locate the shared libraries the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable needs to be set to the path of the opencv lib directory –  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/

So, with that done finally, we can move on with

  1. Porting this code to the BeagleBoard/SBC
  2. Further development work, most notably getting the letter and shape recognition neural networks working. That shouldn’t take too much effort – the new interfaces can be explored.
  3. Updating the code to C++ according to the new framework. Now that would involve considerable (re-)learning.

And, here is an output of the code on the Raven logo! (Yes, loads of work is unfinished. But things are looking good! )

The first output of my code on Linux!

Advertisements